Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
February 19, 2013
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER:
Supervisor Walter John Chilsen called the February 19, 2013 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:31 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Tom Salzman and Robert Wesenick. Absent was Chairman Olson (excused). Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Joan Erdman, Sam Stroik of the EMPD, Kris Grod of the Fire Dept., and one visitor.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of Town Board Meeting Minutes, January 15, 2013: Wesenick/Baumann M/S to approve the minutes of the January 15, 2013 Town Board meeting. Q/C
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
4. VISITORS: R. Vliestra expressed his concerns regarding ordinances that have been adopted by the Village and wouldn’t want the Town to adopt.
5. POLICE REPORT (Stroik): A copy of the report for February was distributed to Board members and will be included with the official minutes. There were 27 calls for service to the Town in January. Officer Stroik updated the Board on fundraising for the K-9 program, officer training, and consolidation progress with Rothschild.
6. FIRE REPORT (Kris Grod): A copy of the report for January was distributed to Board members and will be included with the official minutes. There were no calls to the Town in January.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vouchers 4382-4408: Salzman/Wesenick M/S to approve vouchers 4382-4408. Q/C.
b. Approval of Memorandum of Understanding with the Village of Weston, Village of Kronenwetter, and Town of Weston for the Proposed Zoning Code Update for the purpose of developing a Technology Plan with the Village of Weston at a cost of no more than $3,800: Supervisor Wesenick stated that he would like time to further review the MOU. Wesenick/Baumann M/S to table the Memorandum Of Understanding until the March meeting. Q/C.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): Supervisor Baumann reported that winter maintenance has been cut back this year.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): Nothing further to add to Officer Stroik’s report.
c. Parks Committee (Walter John Chilsen): No report.
9. CLERK’S REPORT (Joan Erdman): Property taxes have been turned over to the County for 2nd installment payments. Materials are being organized for our annual audit. We had approximately an 8% voter turnout for today’s election.
10. SUPERVISOR REPORTS
a. Baumann: Supervisor Baumann reported that he attended an informational meeting for the Marathon County Humane Society.
b. Wesenick: No report.
c. Chilsen: No report.
d. Salzman: No report.
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Supervisor Chilsen and Supervisor Baumann will attend be Wisconsin Town’s Association meeting on March 1st at Stoney Creek from 8:45-3:45.
12. ADJOURN: Wesenick/Salzman M/S to adjourn the February 19, 2013 Town of Weston Board meeting at 7:19 pm. Q/C.
Joan Erdman, Clerk/Treasurer
February 19, 2013 Board Meeting
January 15, 2013 Board Meeting
December 18, 2012 Board Minutes
December 18, 2012 Public Hearing, RC Pavers CUP
November 27, 2012 Pubic Budget Hearing
November 20, 2012 Board Meeting
November 14, 2012 Collaboration Meeting
November 13, 2012 Plan Commission
October 16, 2012 Board Meeting
September 18, 2012 Board Meeting