Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
October 15, 2013
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Milt Olson called the October 15, 2013 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:33 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Tom Salzman, and Robert Wesenick. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Joan Erdman, EMPD Chief Wally Sparks, and Fire Chief Steve Meilahn. Absent: Supervisor Walter John Chilsen.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of Town Board Meeting Minutes, September 17, 2013: Salzman/Baumann M/S to approve the minutes of the September 17, 2013 Town Board meeting. Q/C
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. Participation in PetData Licensing Service: Placed on agenda for November meeting as we are waiting for additional information.
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): A copy of the report for October was distributed to Board members and will be included with the official minutes. There were 45 calls for service in the Town in September. The department has seen a substantial increase in drug arrests and burglaries. Marathon County Sheriff Scott Parks is working on a mutual aide agreement. Chief Sparks is still working with Attorney Shane VanderWaal on a revised contract for the Humane Officer Program. A cell phone ordinance would be adopted only if area municipalities are involved. The state senate & assembly have approved a statute allowing bow hunting in Wisconsin, which is waiting for the Governor’s approval. Municipalities can only restrict hunting with shotguns or rifles.
6. FIRE REPORT (Chief Meilahn): The Dept. responded to a chlorine leak at the Grand Lodge this past weekend. They also responded to a house fire on Isaiah Street, with a response time of a little over 6 minutes, as well as the Wendy’s restaurant fire in Rib Mt. Interviews for the SAFE fire chief will be held Thursday. SAFE fire fighter applications will be available on the Village’s new website on Thursday.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vouchers 4532-4546: Salzman/Wesenick M/S to approve vouchers 4532-4546. Q/C.
b. TRIP Application: Recommendation was made to pulverize and apply 3” of asphalt to SS. Traffic count was 725 vehicles per day. If the count was 750 or more, a bike lane would have to be included in the plans because of the federal money included in the TRIP funds. Salzman/Baumann M/S to submit a trip application for pulverizing and 3” of blacktop on Lester Street for 2015. Q/C. Mark Thompson will prepare and submit a TRIP application.
c. Marathon County E-911 System Joint Powers Agreement: Wesenick/Salzman M/S to approve the Joint Powers Agreement Marathon County E-911 System. Q/C
d. Kersten Road Speed Limit: A resident has been concerned with the speed limit on Kersten Road and the safety of bicyclists. Supervisor Wesenick will check with residents on Wilderness Road to see if they would like the speed limit reduced on Kersten Road.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): No report.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): No report.
c. Parks Committee (Walter John Chilsen): No report.
9. CLERK’S REPORT (Joan Erdman): The Eastern Towns Association Meeting will be held this Thursday, October 17, at 7:30 pm in Knowlton.
10. SUPERVISOR REPORTS
a. Baumann: No report.
b. Wesenick: No report.
c. Chilsen: No report.
d. Salzman: No report.
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: We have received a letter from Daniel Guild regarding a revised municipal agreement. Chairman Olson will be attending the Town’s convention in Madison next week.
12. ADJOURN: Salzman/Wesenick_M/S to adjourn the October 15, 2013 Town of Weston Board meeting at 7:51pm. Q/C.
Joan Erdman, Clerk/Treasurer
October 15, 2013 Board Meeting Minutes
September 17, 2013 Board Meeting
August 20, 2013 Board Meeting Minutes
July 16, 2013 Board Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2013 Board of Review Minutes
June 18, 2013 Board Minutes
May 21, 2013 Board Minutes
May 21, 2013 Board of Review
April 16, 2013 Board Meeting
April 16, 2013 Annual Meeting Minutes