Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
June 17, 2014
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Milt Olson called the June 17, 2014 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:33 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Tom Salzman, and Robert Wesenick. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Joan Erdman, Captain Clay Schulz of EMPD, Don Yaggie of Fahrner Asphalt, and a rep. from S.A.F.E.R.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of Town Board Meeting Minutes, May 20, 2014: Salzman/Wesesnick M/S to approve the minutes of the May 20, 2014 Town Board meeting. Q/C
b. Approval of Board of Review Minutes, May 20, 2014: Salzman/Baumann M/S to approve the minutes of the May 20, 2014 Board of Review Meeting. Q/C
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
5. POLICE REPORT (Captain Schulz): The report for May was distributed to board members and will be included with the official minutes. There were 14 calls for service to the Town in May. A new officer has been hired, as well as a new Municipal Court Clerk.
6. FIRE REPORT (S.A.F.E.R.): In May, the Department responded to 167 ambulance calls, with 7 of these being for the Town. Total fire runs were 37. The response times for ambulance calls were 7.48 minutes in the last 6 months, compared to last year’s average of 8.5 minutes. For fire calls, the average for the last 6 months was 6.53, compared to 8.7 minutes last year. A new ambulance has been ordered and will arrive after the 1st of the year.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vouchers 4694-4711: Chilsen/Salzman M/S to approve vouchers 4694-4711. Q/C.
b. Crack Sealing of Town Roads: Don Yaggie of Fahrner Asphalt reported that he had inspected the roads of the entire township. He provided an estimate of $12,186.00 to crack seal needed roads. The joints on Kersten and Tamarack have receded. Yaggie recommended filling the joints with Poly Mastic. Yaggie also recommended seal coating Kersten Road at a cost of $24,912.00. Salzman/Wesenick M/S to crack fill the roads listed on the proposal for a total of $12,186. Q/C. Wesenick/Baumann M/S to fix the cupped joints on the east half of Kersten Road and Tamarack with Poly Mastic for a cost of $5,625.00. Q/C. Chilsen/Baumann M/S to seal coat the east section of Kersten Road for $24,912.00. Q/C
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): Supervisor Baumann reported that he is checking with RC Pavers on patching Roble Lane.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): No report.
c. Parks Committee (Walter John Chilsen): Chairman Olson reported that the Village of Weston is updating its parks and recreation comprehensive plan. Chairman Olson has talked with Jennifer Higgins about cooperating with the Village’s efforts through safe routes to school and bike trails.
9. CLERK’S REPORT (Joan Erdman): No report.
10. SUPERVISOR REPORTS
a. Baumann: No report.
b. Wesenick: No report.
c. Chilsen: No report.
d. Salzman: No report.
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Two agreements for the EMPD will need to be acted on at our next meeting. A CSM and rezoning application has been submitted for Brian & Rebecca Kuehl. If the area is outside of the ETZ area, the Town will hold a public hearing on July 15th. Our August meeting will be moved up a week to August 12.
12. ADJOURN: Salzman/Wesenick M/S to adjourn the June 17, 2014 Town of Weston Board meeting at 7:47 pm. Q/C.
Joan Erdman, Clerk/Treasurer
June 17, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2014 Board of Review Minutes
May 20, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
April 24, 2014 Annual Meeting Minutes
April 15, 2014 Plan Commission Minutes
April 15, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
March 18, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
February 18, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
February 4, 2014 Plan Commission Minutes
January 21, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes