Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
December 15, 2015
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Milt Olson called the December 15, 2015 meeting to order at 6:34pm. The pledge of allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Tom Salzman, and Robert Wesenick. Also, present Clerk/Treasurer Sara Stevens, EMPD Wally Sparks.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of November 17, 2015 Meeting Minutes: Change to the minutes under H. update Salzman to Chilsen (update complete). Baumann/Wesenick M/S to approve the minutes of the Town Board meeting from November 17, 2015. Q/C.
b. Approval of November 24, 2015 Budget Public Hearing Minutes: Salzman/Baumann M/S to approve the minutes of the Budget Public Hearing, November 24, 2015. Q/C.
c. Acknowledge receipt of December 1, 2015 Joint Plan Commission/Town Board Meeting Minutes: Wesenick/Salzman M/S to acknowledge receipt of and approve the December 1, 2015 Joint Plan Commission/Town Board Meeting Minutes. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: Jennifer Howen from Rural Insurance
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): The report for November was distributed to the Board members and will be included in the official minutes. There were 17 calls for service to the Town in November. Some officers are starting to go through SWAT training and additional training will continue in 2016.
6. FIRE REPORT: Chairman Milt Olson mentioned that we were accepted into the SAFER group.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers 5027-5051: Baumann/Chilsen M/S to approve vouchers 5027-5051. Q/C.
b. Committee Appointments: Chilsen/Salzman M/S to appoint the Committees as printed. Some updates were made, Renee Radcliffe is OK to stay on Planning Commission, Dave Phelps is out of town but would like to stay on Board of Appeals. Q/C.
c. Approval of Poll Workers: Salzman/Wesenick M/S to approve the list of poll workers distributed. Q/C.
d. Rural Insurance: Jennifer Howen reviewed the proposed insurance policy effective in January. One addition to last year is the Cyber Liability portion to protect if personal information were to get breached. This is a cost of $25 per year for $10,000 in coverage. Jennifer will send a list of all the discounts that the Town is able to take advantage of being a member. Chairman Olson signed the new policy agreement.
e. SAFER Board Appointment: Salzman/Baumann M/S to appoint Chairman Olson and Walter John Chilsen to represent the one seat the Town has on the SAFER board starting in January 2016. Q/C.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): Baumann reported there were no washouts but asked Chief Sparks to let him know if anyone comes across anything after the recent weather.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): No report
c. Parks Committee(Walter John Chilsen): No report
9. CLERK’S REPORT: No report
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: No report
b. Wesenick: No report
c. Chilsen: No report
d. Salzman: No report
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Chairman Olson mentioned that Walter John will be in charge for the next three meetings. Milt will stay in contact prior to meetings and will continue to send topics for the agendas.
12. ADJOURN: Salzman/Chilsen M/S to adjourn the December 15, 2015 Town of Weston Board Meeting at 7:28 pm. Q/C.
December 15, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
December 1, 2015 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes
November 24, 2015 Budget Public Hearing Minutes
November 17, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2015 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes
September 15, 2015 Plan Commission Minutes
September 15, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
August 18, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
July 21, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
June 16, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes