Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
February 17, 2015
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER:
Supervisor Walter John Chilsen called the February 17, 2015 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:33 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, and Robert Wesenick. Absent were Tom Salzman and Chairman Olson (excused). Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Joan Erdman and EMPD Chief Wally Sparks and Andrew Schlagel of S.A.F.E.R.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of Town Board Meeting Minutes, January 20, 2015: Baumann/Wesenick M/S to approve the minutes of the January 20, 2015 Town Board meeting. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): The report for February was distributed to Board members and will be included with the official minutes. There were 25 calls for service to the Town in January. The Department has been involved in several high profile cases recently. The Department is looking at adding a clerical position and an evidence custodian.
6. FIRE REPORT (A. Schlagel): The total EMS run calls January were 3 for the Town of Weston. January was the busiest month since S.A.F.E.R started. There were 217 calls between the two stations.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vouchers 4859-4884: Wesenick/Baumann M/S to approve vouchers 4859-4884. Q/C.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): A bridge inspection report has been received for the bridge on Lester Street. There is a 1-inch lip on the bridge and hairline fractures which need to be corrected, as well as brushing which needs to be done.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): No report.
c. Parks Committee (Walter John Chilsen): No report.
9. CLERK’S REPORT (Joan Erdman): Assembly/Senate Bill 21 is being proposed as part of the proposed budget bill. This bill will eliminate the municipal assessor and go to a county-wide assessment. Municipalities will also give up their rights to hold the annual Board of Review meeting. A possible resolution will be presented at the March meeting. A Pets and Paws program for area municipalities will be held on Saturday which will offer free rabies vaccinations for dogs and cats. Kristi Isberner from EMPD has volunteered to license pets for the Village and Town at the event.
10. SUPERVISOR REPORTS
a. Baumann: No report.
b. Wesenick: No report.
c. Chilsen: No report.
d. Salzman: No report.
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT:
12. ADJOURN: Baumann/Wesenick M/S to adjourn the February 17, 2015 Town of Weston Board meeting at 6:57 pm. Q/C.
Joan Erdman, Clerk/Treasurer
February 17, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
January 20, 2015 Board Meeting
December 16, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
November 18, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
November 11, 2014 Public Budget Hearing Minutes
October 21, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
September 16, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
August 12, 2014 Plan Commission
August 12, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
July 22, 2014 Board of Review Minutes