Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
September 16, 2014
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Milt Olson called the September 16, 2014 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:35 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Tom Salzman, and Robert Wesenick. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Joan Erdman, EMPD Chief Wally Sparks, and a rep. from S.A.F.E.R.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of Town Board Meeting Minutes, August 12, 2014: Baumann/Chilsen M/S to approve the minutes of the August 12, 2014 Town Board meeting. Q/C
b. Acknowledge Receipt of Plan Commission Minutes, August 12, 2014: Salzman/Chilsen M/S to acknowledge receipt of the August 12, 2014 Plan Commission Minutes. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): The report for August was distributed to Board members and will be included with the official minutes. Chief Sparks praised the work of Det. Weiland on recent drug investigations and arrests.
6. FIRE REPORT (S.A.F.E.R.): S.A.F.E.R. Chief Wirth is stepping down October 12. The Police & Fire Commission are working on the hiring process for a new chief.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vouchers 4742-4765: Wesenick/Salzman M/S to approve vouchers 4742-4765. Q/C.
b. Action on Thompson CSM: The Village of Weston staff review has approved the CSM for Mark Thompson. Salzman/Wesenick M/S to approve the Thompson CSM. Q/C.
c. Hunting Ordinance, Ordinance Amending Restrictions on Use of Weapons & Hunting Map: A proposed ordinance creating Chapter 10, Article III, Sections 10.116, 10.117 and 10.118 on Hunting was presented to the Board, along with a revised hunting map. An ordinance amending Municipal Code Section 46.101 on the Restrictions on Use of Weapons was also presented. This ordinance restricts shooting weapons on parcels less than 1 acre. Chilsen/Baumann M/S to approve an ordinance creating Chapter 10, Article III, Sec.10.116, 10.117 and 10.118 and an ordinance amending section 46.101 of the Municipal Code and the hunting map. Q/C. The Ordinances will be presented at the October meeting for adoption.
d. Plan Commission/Police Commission Appointments: Mark Thompson has resigned his position on the ETZ Committee, the Plan Commission and Police Commission as he has moved out of the Town of Weston. Mark Hull has agreed to serve on the ETZ Committee and Plan Commission. Renee Radcliffe has agreed to serve on Plan Commission, replacing Mike Sladky. Salzman/Chilsen M/S to appoint Mark Hull to the ETZ Committee and Plan Commission, replacing Mark Thompson, and Renee Radcliffe to the Plan Commission, replacing Mike Sladky. Q/C. Salzman/Chilsen M/S to appoint Paul Kordus to the Police Commission, replacing Mark Thompson. Q/C.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): There have been no washouts on the town roads after all the rain. Baumann will contact the Highway Department again regarding removing the brush at the Highway J & Kersten Road intersection as it is obstructing visibility.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): No report.
c. Parks Committee (Walter John Chilsen): No report.
9. CLERK’S REPORT (Joan Erdman): Absentee ballots are being issued for the November election. The courts have reinstated the Photo ID requirement for voters. Trick or Treating hours will be held on October 31 from 4 to 7 pm.
10. SUPERVISOR REPORTS
a. Baumann: No report.
b. Wesenick: No report.
c. Chilsen: No report.
d. Salzman: No report.
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: The annual Towns Association meeting in Stevens Point will have a comprehensive planning update. We had to cash in $100,000 from our Cloverbelt CD in order to pay expenses for September. The possibility of holding a special meeting to ask for a tax levy increase will be placed on the agenda for our October meeting.
12. ADJOURN: Wesenick/Salzman M/S to adjourn the September 16, 2014 Town of Weston Board meeting at 7:28 pm. Q/C.
Joan Erdman, Clerk/Treasurer
September 16, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
August 12, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
August 12, 2014 Plan Commission
July 22, 2014 Board of Review Minutes
July 15, 2014 Plan Commission
July 15, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
June 17, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2014 Board of Review Minutes
April 24, 2014 Annual Meeting Minutes