Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 15, 2017 Town Board Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
August 15, 2017
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Olson called the August 13, 2017 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:30pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Robert Wesenick, Walter John Chilsen and Thomas Salzman. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Pete Erdman, EMPD Capt Clay Schulz and SAFER Dillon O’Connor.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS
a. Approval of July 18, 2017 Meeting Minutes: Baumann/Chilsen M/S to approve the minutes of the July 18, 2017 Town Board Meeting. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: 13 visitors were present. Discussion on Police protection EMPD vs Marathon County. Also discussion on Road Grant, tax rates, road repairs and ways to reduce costs.
5. POLICE REPORT (Capt Schulz): The official report was issued to the Town Board, there were five incidents for the Town. They are working on filling the remaining open positions.
6. FIRE REPORT (Dillon O’Connor): Business as usual in the Town, nothing new. Discussed training for SAFER employees.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers (5430-5442): Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to approve vouchers 5430-5442. Q/C.
b. Ross, Kramer, Kersten, Grant acceptance. Chairman Olson asked direction from the Town Board. Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to accept Grant. Q/C. Passed on a 3-2 vote (Yes-Olson,Chilsen,Wesenick and No-Baumann, Salzman)
c. Clearview Culverts. Salzman/Chilsen M/S to Purchase two 20’ culverts Q/C.
d. Prioritization of Initiatives for the Town of Weston Comprehensive Plan. Town Supervisors to hand in their list to Chairman Olson. These will be compiled and reviewed at the next Comp Planning Meeting.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works: Discussed delay on the Lester St bridge
b. Public Safety: None
c. Parks Committee: None
9. CLERK’S REPORT: Discussed looking for a replacement and options.
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: Blacktop of Clearview planned for September.
b. Wesenick: None
c. Chilsen: Recognized new Town Newsletter.
d. Salzman: None
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Frontier digging is in-process. Next Planning Committee meeting is tentative for Sept 5th. Discussed Next Door.com.
12. ADJOURN: Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to adjourn the August 13, 2017 Town of Weston board meeting at 8:14 pm. Q/C.
March 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
February 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
January 16, 2018 Town Board Minutes
December 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 21, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 7, 2017 Public Hearing/Plan Commission/Town Board
October 24, 2017 Public Budget Hearing Minutes
October 17, 2017 Town Board Minutes
October 3, 2017 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes
September 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes