Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 16, 2011 Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
August 16, 2011
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER:
Supervisor Walter John Chilsen called the August 16, 2011 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:30 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Tom Salzman and Robert Wesenick. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Joan Erdman, Clay Schulz of the EMPD, Weston Fire Chief Meilahn, Mark Thompson, and Craig Schafer from American Asphalt. Chairman Olson was absent (excused).
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS:
a. Approval of Town Board Meeting Minutes, July 19, 2011: Salzman/Baumann M/S to approve the minutes of the July 19, 2011 Town Board Meeting. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
5. POLICE REPORT (Clay Schultz): The EMPD report for August was distributed to Board members. A copy will be included with the official minutes. In July, there was one reported accident and 26 calls for service. There has been a significant increase in thefts from vehicles.
6. FIRE REPORT (Chief Meilahn): The statistical report for July was distributed to the Board and will be included with the official minutes. There was one EMS call to the Town in July.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Vouchers 3982-3993: Salzman/Wesenick M/S to approve vouchers 3982-3993. Q/C.
b. Awarding of Bids for Home Sweet Home Blacktop Project: Two bids were received for the project. Mark Thompson passed out a summary of the two bids. An addendum clarifying some details in the bid was distributed to bidders on Monday. The quantities and the scope of the work remained the same. American Asphalt was the low bidder at approximately $63,000 for a 2.5 lift and pulverizing and $19,800 for driveway work and shouldering. Thompson’s recommendation was to award both contracts to the low bidder, American Asphalt. Salzman/Baumann M/S to accept Marathon Technical Services recommendation to award Contract A & Contract B to the low bidder, American Asphalt, and authorize Supervisor Chilsen to execute the contract documents in Chairman Olson’s absence. Q/C. The Clerk will send a letter notifying the property owners of the upcoming shouldering and road work.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Arnie Baumann): Supervisor Baumann reported that he and Mark Thompson opened the bids this morning for the Home Sweet Home blacktop project. He and Mark Thompson also checked the culverts in this area and they looked fine.
b. Public Safety (Robert Wesenick): No report.
c. Parks Committee (Walter John Chilsen): No report.
9. CLERK’S REPORT (Joan Erdman): Our preliminary estimation of the January 1, 2011 population for the Town is 642. This represents a change of 3 persons (.5 percent increase) since the 2010 census.
10. SUPERVISOR REPORTS
a. Baumann: No report.
b. Wesenick: No report.
c. Chilsen: No report.
d. Salzman: No report.
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: No report.
12. ADJOURN: Baumann/Salzman M/S to adjourn the August 16, 2011 Town of Weston Board meeting at 7:05 pm. Q/C.
Joan Erdman, Clerk/Treasurer
August 18, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
July 21, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
June 16, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
May 27, 2015 Board of Review Minutes
May 19, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
April 23, 2015 Annual Meeting Minutes
April 21, 2015 Town Board Minutes
April 21, 2015 Plan Commission Minutes
March 17, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
February 17, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes