Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 16, 2016 Town Board Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
August 16, 2016
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Milton Olson called the August 16, 2016 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:28 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Robert Wesenick and Thomas Salzman. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Stevens, Daniel Guild and Shawn-Village of Weston, SAFER, Police.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS
a. Approval of July 19, 2016 Meeting Minutes: Chilsen/Salzman M/S to approve the minutes of the July 19, 2016 Town Board Meeting. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: None
5. POLICE REPORT: The report for July was distributed to the Board Members, there were a total of six calls in the Town. Of those calls was theft at Hsu’s Ginseng in the Town and another that it may be linked to on Mackintosh, value was about $3000.
6. FIRE REPORT: In the last six months there were 15 EMS calls and three fire calls.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers (5205-5221): Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to approve vouchers 5205-5221. Q/C.
b. Eau Claire River Access/Water Trail Vision: Mr. Guild from the Village of Weston provided a handout, looking for us to review the point they are proposing in the Town to create a launch. They are asking us to review this and sign a resolution to do the work which is part of a larger project they have been working on. All of the work done so far has been done through grants, no tax dollars were used.
c. Comp Plan Public Participation Resolution: Resolution 2016-01 Established Public Participation Procedures. Chilsen/Salzman M/S to approve Resolution 2016-01. Q/C.
d. Just Fix It Resolution: Resolution 2016-02 to improve the Towns roads. Chilsen/Salzman to adopt Resolution 2016-02. Q/C.
e. Krause, Howard & Company Contract for 2016 Audit: This year we had $4,700 in the budget, next year’s contract they are asking for $5,050 ($750 is for Form C) for 2016. Chilsen/Salzman M/S to sign the contract with Krause, Howard & Company to do our audit for 2016. Q/C.
f. WIIAOA Membership: Greg Schmidt who is a part of the Independent Assessors Officers Association is asking for us to join their membership for $100 as a Municipality to help keep the assessments at the Towns level rather than going to the County. Chilsen/Salzman M/S to table this until next month to see what happens at the County level. Q/C.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works (Baumann): On Hawthorne Lane there was blasting going on, the City of Wausau signed the contract to get water lines run for one new home that was built. There may be a $500 fine for opening up the pavement with no utility contract. Milt will check the fee schedule and talk to Shane.
b. Public Safety: None
c. Parks Committee: None
9. CLERK’S REPORT: The election from this past week was slow, 53 voters. For November we plan to have 5 workers all day to accommodate the high volume of voters expected to vote.
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: None
b. Wesenick: None
c. Chilsen: None
d. Salzman: None
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Chairman Olson mentioned that our grant for Broadband with Frontier was approved. Fiber optics will start close to the Town hall, down N and to 93rd. There will be a few notes placed throughout the Town to improve service and provide better service for our residence.
Supervisor Chilsen complimented Chairman Olson on getting the largest grant approved. The follow through and dedication it took to attend the meetings, write the grant and get educated took great efforts and they have not gone unnoticed.
The contracts for Fire and Ambulance were signed this month. Our total bill for Ambulance for this year is $3,993.75 plus $50 per run and $27,419.04 for Fire. TOTAL $31,412.79 plus $750 we paid tonight for ambulance runs so far this year.
12. ADJOURN: Chilsen/Salzman M/S to adjourn the August 16, 2016 Town of Weston Board Meeting at 7:50pm.
November 21, 2017 Town Board Minutes DRAFT
November 7, 2017 Public Hearing/Plan Commission/Town Board
October 24, 2017 Public Budget Hearing Minutes
October 17, 2017 Town Board Minutes
October 3, 2017 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes
September 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes
September 5, 2017 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes
August 15, 2017 Town Board Minutes
August 1, 2017 Joint Plan Commission/Board Meeting Agenda
July 18, 2017 Town Board Minutes