Home Page: Meeting Minutes
December 20, 2016 Town Board Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
December 20, 2016
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Milton Olson called the December 20, 2016 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:32pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Robert Wesenick and Thomas Salzman. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Stevens, EMPD Chief Wally Sparks, Jennifer Howen with Rural Mutual and Chief Lauer, SAFER.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS
a. Approval of November 15, 2016 Meeting Minutes: Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to approve the minutes of the November 15, 2016 Town Board Meeting. Q/C.
b. Approval of November 22, 2016 Public Budget Hearing Meeting Minutes: Salzman/Chilsen M/S to approve the minutes of the November 22, 2016 Public Budget Hearing. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: None
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): The report for November was distributed to the Board Members and will be included with the official minutes. Chief Sparks noted that they have been approved for two new officers in 2017, the first time in 12 years. He presented some details of the presentation he gave at the Village Joint Finance meeting where the officers were approved.
6. FIRE REPORT (Battalion Chief J. Lauer) Added 6 paid on call staff members that have been approved by the Board. They will also be staffing this location with four people 24/7 to help with day to day calls and inter-facility transports that take place all over the state.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers (5272 – 5297) Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to approve vouchers 5272-5297. Q/C.
b. Village/Town Newsletter – What do the residents want to hear about? Chairman Olson mentioned that our flyer will be a double sided insert. He has a draft for the next newsletter and just asked that when we reach out to other residents and let him know what topics they are interested in hearing about.
c. Rural Mutual – Jennifer Howen is there to talk about our renewal for 2017 which starts January 1, 2017. The cost for 2017 coverage is $3,079.00 to be paid in January 2017.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works: None
b. Public Safety: None
c. Parks Committee: None
9. CLERK’S REPORT: None
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: None
b. Wesenick: None
c. Chilsen: None
d. Salzman: None
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Chairman Olson mentioned that he received a report for 2016 new home construction there was $532,000 in new construction for last year. This added value includes one new home on Kramer and one new home on Gooseman.
Walter John Chilsen will be running the meeting for the next three months. If Walter John isn’t able to then Thomas Salzman will be in charge.
12. ADJOURN: Baumann/Wesenick M/S to adjourn the December 20, 2016 Town of Weston board meeting at 7:50pm. Q/C.
Sara Stevens, Clerk/Treasurer
June 19, 2018 Town Board Minutes
May 22, 2018 Board of Review Minutes
May 15, 2018 Town Board Minutes
April 17, 2018 Town Board Minutes
April 17, 2018 Annual Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
February 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
January 16, 2018 Town Board Minutes
December 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 21, 2017 Town Board Minutes