Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 15, 2018 Town Board Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
May 15th, 2018
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Olson called the May 15, 2018, Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:30pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Tom Costa, Tom Salzman and Ryan Christiansen. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Robin Huempfner, EMPD Sgt. Nick Aldrich.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS
a. Approval of April 17, 2018 Town Board Meeting. Salzman/Christiansen M/S to approve April 17, 2018 meeting minutes. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: 10 visitors present. No comments or questions were brought before the Board.
5. POLICE REPORT: Sgt. Nick Aldrich reported that the Town had 32 calls in April for various reasons, but one arrest was made that was drug related, so we continue to see an increase in drug and mental health calls. The full report will be on file at the Town.
6. FIRE REPORT: SAFER, No report.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers (5632-5641): Baumann/Christiansen M/S to approve vouchers 5632-5641 Q/C.
b. ATV proposal for using Town roads for trails. Judy Page from the Town of Ringle and member of Rural Rider ATV Club requested to have the Board grant use of River Road from the Town border to CTH J for ATV use. This would allow riders to get to the gas station off of CTH J. Costa/Salzman M/S to Have the Town to create/adopt an ordinance to allow ATV use only on River Rd to Hwy J. Q/C. Chairman Olson will bring this proposal of ordinance to the June meeting for approval.
c. Accept the grant for Lester Street from the State for $135,575.63 toward the total project costs of 271,862.00. Proposed road width is 22ft, plus 4ft of paved shoulder on each side. Christensen questioned the bridge width on Lester and that the shoulders may need to narrow in by the bridge. Also that a check should be made on the culverts on this stretch to make sure they are in good condition. Arnie and Ryan will check on the culverts. M/S Salzman/Christiansen to accept the Grant from the State for the Lester St road project. Q/C. Discussion about maybe borrowing money to cover the project cost until the State gives us the money, which won’t be until the project is completed. Chairman Olson will be checking into loan information.
d. Hire engineering firm to bid next year’s road projects. A proposal from MTS was presented to the Board members. It is for $1,500 in Design Fees and $950 in Construction Services. It was stated that because a State grant is being used that we need to have an Engineer on the project. M/S Salzman/Baumann to hire MTS for the Lester St Project per the proposal. Q/C
e. Audit Report; Don from KerberRose was unable to attend and will be at the June meeting with the Audit Report.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works: Some roads may need to be chip sealed. Will look into prices for the next meeting.
b. Public Safety: None
c. Parks Committee: None
9. CLERK’S REPORT: Updated to QuickBooks 2018 so we could continue our payroll. Town website has been update to reflect the current Board members and their contact info.
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: None
b. Costa: Thinks a reflective strip on the stop ahead sign may be helpful on Kersten/J intersection. Arnie will check into this.
c. Christiansen: None
d. Salzman: None
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Thanked Robert Wesenick for his 20 years that he served on the Board. Possible variance request on Northwestern Ave.
12. ADJOURN: Salzman/Costa M/S to adjourn the May 15 2018 Town of Weston board meeting at 7:28 pm. Q/C.
August 21, 2018 Town Board Minutes
August 7, 2018 Plan Commission Minutes
July 17, 2018 Town Board Minutes
June 19, 2018 Town Board Minutes
May 22, 2018 Board of Review Minutes
May 15, 2018 Town Board Minutes
April 17, 2018 Town Board Minutes
April 17, 2018 Annual Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
February 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes