Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 15, 2016 Town Board Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
November 15, 2016
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Milton Olson called the November 15, 2016 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:37pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Robert Wesenick and Thomas Salzman. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Stevens, EMPD Chief Wally Sparks, Evan McBain- SAFER.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS
a. Approval of October 25, 2016 Meeting Minutes Baumann/Wesenick M/S to approve the minutes of October 25, 2016 Town Board Meeting. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: None
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): The report for October was distributed to the Board Members and will be included with the official minutes. There were 2 accidents and 17 totals calls for service.
Hunting Reports – request for hunting at 156 Kent Street, Wausau. Chief Sparks approves hunting on the property. The board had no objections to him hunting on this property, valid for this hunting season only.
Chief Sparks reviewed the stats of the Town in relation to the City of Wausau and the Village of Weston. We have not seen much of an increase in the Town compared to the City and the Village. The Village has grown over 20% since 2005, with that increase they have recently added two new officers for 2017. The overall budget with the increase went up 3.74%.
6. FIRE REPORT (Evan McBain - SAFER): The new rescue vehicle will be done shortly. They put in a Federal grant today for $300,000 for new breathing packs, the current equipment is about 10 years old.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers (5253-5271) Chilsen/Salzman M/S to approve vouchers 5253-5271. Q/C.
b. 2017 Budget: The Board reviewed the Budget draft, we are recommending the budget of $494,900 for 2017 for the meeting on November 22, 2016. Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to approve the budget that we will review next week at the 2017 Budget Public Hearing on November 22, 2016 at 6:30pm. Q/C.
c. Village of Weston Newsletter: Chairman Olson presented layout of the newsletter that the Village and different options we would have with working together to get Town items added. We already approved the distribution of the newsletter for 2017 to the Town residents. We are paying for the printing and mailing for our residents for next year.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works: None
b. Public Safety: None
c. Parks Committee: None
9. CLERK’S REPORT: There were 377 registered voters for the November 8 election, we had 45 register the day of and a total of 322 vote.
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: None
b. Wesenick: None
c. Chilsen: None
d. Salzman: None
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: None
12. ADJOURN: Baumann/Salzman M/S to adjourn the November 15, 2016 Town of Weston board meeting at 7:35pm. Q/C.
February 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes DRAFT
January 16, 2018 Town Board Minutes
December 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 21, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 7, 2017 Public Hearing/Plan Commission/Town Board
October 24, 2017 Public Budget Hearing Minutes
October 17, 2017 Town Board Minutes
October 3, 2017 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes
September 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes
September 5, 2017 Joint Plan Commission/Town of Weston Board Minutes