Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 25, 2016 Town Board Minutes
TOWN OF WESTON BOARD MINUTES
October 25, 2016
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Milton Olson called the October 25, 2016 Town of Weston Board meeting to order at 6:32 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Supervisors present: Arnie Baumann, Walter John Chilsen, Robert Wesenick and Thomas Salzman. Also present were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Stevens, Deputy Chief Josh Finke - SAFER, EMPD Chief Wally Sparks.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS TOWN MEETINGS
a. Approval of September 20, 2016 Meeting Minutes Salzman/Chilsen M/S to approve the minutes of the September 20, 2016 Town Board Meeting. Q/C.
3. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
4. VISITORS: None
5. POLICE REPORT (Chief Sparks): The report for September was distributed to the Board Members and will be included with the official minutes. There was one accidents and 23 totals calls for service.
6. FIRE REPORT (Deputy Chief Finke): There have been 22 total calls for service, there were four in September and zero in October so far.
7. NEW BUSINESS
a. Vouchers (5242-5252): Salzman/Chilsen M/S to approve vouchers 5242-5252. Q/C.
b. 2017 Budget Draft: Transportation aids down about $6000, increased general property tax from 1.470 to 1.475 which ends up being about $2000 additional income. The supervisors have agreed to increase the salaries 5% to the Chairman, Supervisors as well as Clerk/Treasurer. The 2017 Budget Public Hearing will be Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 6:30 pm.
c. Village of Weston Newsletter: We are looking to print and mail a copy of the Village of Weston newsletter to the Town of Weston residents every other month. The cost from Sun Printing would be $217.89 each month. Chilsen/Baumann M/S to have the Village of Weston newsletter mailed out every other month with an estimated annual cost of $1500 in 2017. Q/C.
d. Playground Equipment: This item has been pulled from the Village of Weston agenda so we will table this for the time being.
e. Wausau MPO Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee: Chairman Olson will sign up for this and attend as often as he can.
f. Hunting Permits: Bob Wesenick is looking to get a hunting permit for this season on his property. Salzman/Chilsen M/S to approve the Wesenick property for hunting, this has already been approved by Chief Spark as well. Q/C.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Public Works: None
b. Public Safety: Wesenick attended last month’s meeting and asked about the new kayak launches but nothing has been happening yet, still in talks with property owners.
c. Parks Committee: None
9. CLERK’S REPORT: Evacuation plan for the Election would be to continue voting at the Village Municipal Center in the kitchen. A formal plan will be put together and ready for Election Day.
10. SUPERVISORS’ REPORTS
a. Baumann: Looking at an overlay for SS, would be about $91,000 per mile, we have 3 miles.
b. Wesenick: None
c. Chilsen: None
d. Salzman: None
11. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: None
12. ADJOURN: Chilsen/Wesenick M/S to adjourn the October 25, 2016 Town of Weston Board meeting at 7:26pm. Q/C.
Sara Stevens, Clerk/Treasurer
April 17, 2018 Town Board Minutes
April 17, 2018 Annual Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
February 20, 2018 Town Board Minutes
January 16, 2018 Town Board Minutes
December 19, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 21, 2017 Town Board Minutes
November 7, 2017 Public Hearing/Plan Commission/Town Board
October 24, 2017 Public Budget Hearing Minutes
October 17, 2017 Town Board Minutes